You are currently browsing the tag archive for the ‘Germany’ tag.
Perfect for relaxed Summer reading or for a group study in the Fall…..
I just crafted another 90-second movie trailer on iMovie. This particular movie version targets South Asia and the Middle East (but the book is for everyone). Have a look:
The novel, The Blackberry Bush, is ideal for small groups, classes (high school, college, and adult), and book clubs, because it has a built in study-guide in the back. Please consider ordering a stack for your next study.
How to get the book:
- Order it on AMAZON
- Get it on KINDLE (in less than a minute)
- Download it to your NOOK
- Buy it in person at BARNES & NOBLE stores (extra copies at Edina, MN, and West Des Moines, IA stores)
- Worldwide free shipping at BOOK DEPOSITORY.
- Available on the shelves at WALMART (if it’s sold out, ask for a manager!)
- For those of you in Minnesota, pick up a copy at HOSANNA! church in Lakeville.
- For those of you in Kensington (London), pick up a copy at HTB.
- For those of you in Muswell Hill (London), pick up a copy at ST JAMES CHURCH.
- Coming soon to C.U.M. bookstores in South Africa
- Coming soon to Koorong in Australia
For those of you who don’t know, I have deep Lutheran roots. We are a funny lot.
Some of you have no idea what a Lutheran is.
Have a look at this very short VIDEO BY THE “BANGLES” and you’ll know everything you need to know.
Some Lutheran FAQ’s:
- Are Lutherans liturgical? Most are. Many are not.
- Do Lutherans agree on theology? Except for “Sola Fide” (Faith Alone), nope. And we argue about what that means.
- Are Lutherans like Catholics except in “black and white?” Often. Sleepy version of the mass without cool candles, statues and magic stuff.
- Who are the great Lutheran preachers? Next question!
- Do Lutherans have a sense of humor? Rarely, but it can happen.
- Are Lutherans liberals? Some are virtually Marxists. Most of them hang out in seminaries or become bishops.
- Are Lutherans conservatives? The black-shirt conservatives could scare all the peeps on Fox News. They don’t think you’re really saved, by the way. They KNOW I’m not.
- Where do they tend to live? Scandihoovia and parts of Germany. Pennsylvania. Upper Midwest USA. Wherever there is bad weather. But the cool ones live in Ethiopia. They do fire baptisms and stuff.
- Why do we see less and less of them? They reproduce like Panda bears and would rather die than share their faith.
- Who are some famous, high-profile, deeply committed Lutherans we would all know? ROTFL